Monday, January 17, 2011

CAKE RELEASE

Here is a wonderful recipe I use all the time to coat my cake pans before I pour in my batter. It is really easy to make and saves you time.So the traditional method to grease your cake pans would be to coat them with white vegetable shortening and all purpose flour. This cake release cuts out a step. It does it all in one! All you have to do is "paint" the cake release on the inside of your pans with a pastry brush and you are done.How easy is that! I also find that I have less crumbs on my baked cake, which makes icing the cake easier.So here goes!

Cake Release
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup white vegetable shortening
1 cup canola or vegetable oil

Method
Put all the ingredients in a mixer and mix till smooth.
Put the release in a container with a lid and you can keep it at room tempreture for at least three months.
I would check the sell by date of your shortening, that is a good indicator.

No comments:

Post a Comment